[ExeterLUG] Internet safety advisors

Rick Timmis rick.timmis at abazander.com
Tue Oct 1 16:09:03 UTC 2013

Ah ha - Boo

Top posting scares the natives, apologies.

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 11:18:34 +0100 (BST), Gordon Henderson
<gordon+lug at drogon.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Sep 2013, Rick.Timmis wrote:
>
>> Hi Paul
>>
>> Excellent idea, perhaps once we've agreed what we're doing and when.
>
> Is it? (sorry what is - oh, you've top posted- bah. let me fix that for
> you)

Positive words of ecouragement... ;-)

>> As we want to try and do another software freedom day type event but
one
>> that has focus on specific topics etc,
>>
>> is it worth trying to invite people such as this
>> http://www.kidsokonline.com/
>> on board the lug, or to these events with the aim of promoting internet
>> safety, esp as the get involved page on the dcglug site is geared up to
>> promote advantages of getting involved with free software projects.
>>
>> just a thought.
>>
>> Paul
>> <http://www.kidsokonline.com/>
>
> We're a Linux User Group - not a kindergarden. I'm sure some people have

> interests in both camps, but I'm not part of a Linux user group to teach

> people how to behave online.

Bah Humbug, away and boil ye head!

>> P.S I can save you 25% on your domestic and business bills. Ask me how
!

> You're selling Utility Warehouse and a big fuss was made when Neil was
> doing this too and he's since remove it from his posts. Can you remove
it
> from your posts here please?

I post from different devices, that mail sigs on my Samsung Tab, You wait
to I post off my Microsoft Surface Pro..

> Gordon

Gordon.. I love you X
Your comments are noted, have a good evening.

All the best

Rick