[ExeterLUG] The Exwick Ark

Rick.Timmis Rick.Timmis at Abazander.com
Wed Oct 30 09:46:17 UTC 2013

Hello everyone.

I have confirmation for a go ahead to install the systems at Exwick Ark on Saturday 2nd November.

I anticipate this will take the whole day, and may well require a second visit to complete the initial install.

Once the base system is in, then we will revisit the project plan to discuss the Smart Boards, and any additions that might be sort after by the Ark Team.

I also anticipate a database requirements meeting with the team in the future too, as this was proposed in the initial project plan. I shall make arrangements with Harri and Paula to look at this after the systems installation has been completed.

The Plan for Saturday 2nd November

We will be meeting first at the Imperial for breakfast at 9am

http://m.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/pubs/the-imperial

You should find us in the Orangery, the large conservatory at the opposite end from the Entrance and Car park, just walk straight through the building.

I Expect we will be onsite at the Ark at 10.00am.

The main tasks.

Make a hardware inventory.
Identify most suitable machines, for Server and Terminals, test and configure.
Build the LTSP Server
Complete the network infrastructure, along with Switches
Test installation
System Documentation
Define next stage requirements
Organise what will happen with remaining hardware.

Please can you advise on list if you are planning to come, I will take a head count on Friday morning and advise Trevor.

Correspondance between Trevor and I below for your reference.

The breakfasts at the Imperial are excellent, and very cheap, i.e a large breakfast is £6.99

All the best

Rick