[ExeterLUG] Fab Lab

Rick Timmis rick.timmis at abazander.com
Tue Sep 24 07:25:38 UTC 2013

Hi Tom, Simon

I did get a copy of the survey on Fab Lab. My understanding is that there
is a good level of interest in such a facility.
Currently the ExeterLUG has around 30 members on the mailing list, and we
get around 15 people to our monthly meetings.

We ran a celebration event for Software Freedom day on 21st September,
which was an overall success and helped raise some additional funds for the
group.

The consensus, not as yet fully agreed, is to raise funds to buy a Mendel
RepRap, and there are other interests in and around the Raspberry Pi,
Packet Radio Internet and Software development too.

Our next meeting is on Friday 11th October, from 19:30 at Exwick Community
Center, Kinnerton Way, Exeter and you would be most welcome to come along.
I would be happy to put Fab Lab on the Agenda for discussion.

Look forward to hearing from you

Best Wishes

Rick Timmis