[ExeterLUG] Surrey LUG Visit

Rick.Timmis Rick.Timmis at Abazander.com
Sun Aug 10 07:33:37 UTC 2014

Hi all

Really good meeting yesterday at Surrey LUG. Venue was Red Hat offices, which are really nice, free coffee and biscuits.
Around 16 people there of all shapes, sizes and genders.
Apparently they dont often meet there its usually at the pub.
They run a 'Bring-a-Box' session and have lots of Linux Format install CD's Rhiannon and I installed Haiku on a virtualbox, on my laptop.
Its run in an unconferende style, and I was ssked to talk about Exeter LUG.
They were very welcoming, and are a busy group, which I suspect is largely down to population density.

Keep an ear out for John benny, i think that is his name. He has mived from Surrey to North Devon.

No mention, or indeed any apparent interest in Rsspberry Pi, lots of talk about using Samba to access proprietary devices like Cameras etc...

It reassured me that Exeter LUG is doing a good job, just need to get the numbers up :-)

Rick Timmis
Abazander.comPaul Sutton <zleap at zleap.net> wrote:Sounds good hopefully bring some good ideas back with you.

Paul

On 09/08/14 09:56, Rick.Timmis wrote:
> Greetings folks
>
> Rhiannon, and I are off to visit the good people at Surrey LUG today. Will report back later.
>

> Rick Timmis
> Abazander.com

http://www.zleap.net
@zleap14
Torbay Raspberry Pi jam info - http://www.dcglug.org.uk/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and
vulnerable groups and expect any school, establishment or organsation that
I am involved with to share this commitment.