[ExeterLUG] STEM Event in Tiverton

Tom Brough tombrough at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 2 09:21:04 UTC 2014

On 02/02/14 08:11, Rick.Timmis wrote:

> Rick Timmis
> Abazander.com
>
> Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug at drogon.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Feb 2014, Rick.Timmis wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone
> >
> > I Have now been able to speak Phil Parker about this event. Indeed it
> > appears that Gordon is correct, they are looking to show examples of
> > STEM Ambassadors, the ExeterLUG and the Projects we do.
> >
> > My thoughts are to have 3 or 4 of us there, with some projects. my
> > suggestion is Malcolms Beowulf Pi cluster, well a lite version.
> > CodeClub, the £50 PC Project. They are going to feed and water us, and
> > there will be teachers, schools, and businesses there. There will be
> > networking and lots of opportunities to talk tech, open source and of
> > course free software.
> >
> > I have 3 seats left available, and will be leaving from our base at
> > Exwick Ark at 3.45 sharp! So we arrive with enough time to set up.
>
> I've also been in-touch with Jan Rowe and the STEMnet team in Exeter - who
> didn't know about the event.
>
> I'll be making my own way there and back.
>
> I'll bring some bread as making bread is a STEMnet activity. (Yeast is
> biology, therefore science and making a wood-fired oven is engineering)
>
> Gordon
>
> Nice one that sounds really good, see you there
For what it is worth I have taken PM leave from work and I am intending
to attend this event and bring my robots / pi projects....

I'm happy to demo this under ExeterLUG/DCGLUG banner or solo. Needless
to say if I demo solo I will reference the LUG(s).

I can stop off at ExeterLUG HQ (Is this is the school or the Exwick
Centre?) if necessary or carry on directly. Either way I am happy to
take 3 or 4 passengers from Torbay area or between Torbay / Exeter
(Paul / Rob you interested?).

See you all there....

Tom.