[ExeterLUG] Alphington LTSP Update

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Thu Mar 6 22:38:07 UTC 2014

On 06/03/14 22:16, Daniel Smith wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I spoke with Shelley tonight regarding the Alphington LTSP Project and
> they now have their internet line installed and all the kit me and Rob
> requested them to get. We just need another 320GB Hard Drive to go
> into the Server along with a few Gigabit Ethernet PCI Cards and then
> it is all systems go! (I think!)
>
> I understand The Ark is our main focus at the minute which I totally
> understand, this is just an update on the project.
>
> If anybody has a 320GB Hard Drive to spare. Let me know as it will be
> greatly appreciated otherwise I will ask if they can order one for us.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Dan

I would buy a new one,  it is then under warranty, if you put an old one
in and it dies, you lose a lot of data then there is no compensation if
a brand new one dies within a month and you lose data at least you can
get it replaced,  under warranty.

Data loss is not an issue as you will have backups, surely.

Paul

web : http://www.zleap.net
twitter : @zleap14

Torbay Raspberry Pi Jam,  8th March 2014 - http://dcglug.drogon.net/torbay-pi-jam/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.