[ExeterLUG] Fwd: [LUG] Exwick Ark Progress - and do you want to meet up in September in Exeter? Any projects people want to pursue in the area?

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Tue Sep 2 16:20:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 12:47:29 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug at drogon.net> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

>For goodnes sake. You're supposed to know this. How hard is it to do it
>the way its been done for the past 30 years?

More and more people don't use > or | any more(1).  But then, they're not
tech types that /should/ know this.

Even worse;  On a few technical lists I'm subbed to, that *do* allow
attachments and HTML, I've seen 200kbyte screenshots used to show an
error dialogue that, if entered in words, would use 30 bytes.  Such
idiocy lands people in a killfile around these parts PDQ.

(1)  Because they're doing HTML mail, where other styles of quoting also
work.  That doesn't make it right, obviously.  Especially on a list that
routinely strips HTML.

--
 Regards  _
Sign away your life