[Falkirk] New PC/Graphics card

Martin falkirk at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Apr 10 13:54:01 2003

apostolus wrote:
> why not try us..  WWW.MARTINDOMINIC.COM  WHAT SPECIFICALLY ARE YOU
> AFTER and just as important, what is your budget..  I'VE NOT
> PUBLICISED MY BUSINESS THRU' THE GROUP IN THE PAST BUT SEEING AS YOU
> ARE ASKING..
>
> CHEERS, APOST

Scott,

The Geforce 4 Ti4200 128MB is easily the best of these three. Mandrake
9.0 and 9.1 at least works well with Nvidia cards, as Nvidia are
better than ATI at producing Linux drivers.

With Mandrake 9.1, all you need to do is download the Texstar rpms and
double click on them to install. Then you will have full functionality
for 3D etc without even having to edit XF86Config-4 manually.

This card will also support dual monitor, which is most easily set up
using a useful utility called Yanc (a GUI tool).

Good Luck

Martin