[Falkirk] problems with my samba server

Jonathan Riddell falkirk at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 6 12:40:01 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:50:05AM +0100, darren wrote:
>    my problem is i have set up the server to the point where it has
>    shares visable on the nework and i can login to these shares using all
>    the accounts i set up but i can not put anything in them, it throws up
>    a access denied violation.
>
>    lets be clear i set up shares and can login but cannot, save files or
>    create more directories in the shares.

The obvious things are checking smb.conf to say

   read only = no    rather than read only = yes

also try writeable = yes in other sections.

>    well anyway any help would be appreciated, plus when is the next lug
>    meeting in falkirk. i would be intrested in attending to meet and
>    great everyone.

There are no meetings planned because nobody has bothered to organise
them since I left the area.  I'm afraid if you want to attend a
meeting you'd have to drum up some support yourself.  Or go to
edlug,scotlug (in glasgow) or dundeelug.

Jonathan Riddell