[Falkirk] BCS debriefing

Phil Ward falkirk at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri May 16 10:27:01 2003

Richard,

Knoppix is a debian based GNU/Linux distribution that runs directly off
a CD without the need to install on your hard drive. It's a way to try
GNU/Linux without having to commit to it. Visit www.knoppix.de for more
info.
GNUWIN is a collection of Free Software that has been compiled for
Windows. It allows you to get first hand experience of quality Free
Software while still using your old familiar operating system. It's also
a good way to get people familiar with software before moving from
Windows to GNU/Linux, where they will find all this software running
natively. See www.gnuwin.org for more info.
If you're around at the next SLUG meet I'll make sure I've got a few CDs
with me and you can have one of each.

Phil.