[Falkirk] Hello Falkirk

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Jul 3 20:19:17 BST 2006

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 09:53:32PM +0100, Neil Paterson wrote:
> Anyway, this email is not so much about this specific problem (I THINK i
> sorted him out, although I'm no guru, and I've never even tried a dual boot
> installation), but this guy asked what other support there was for a guy in
> his situation.  Of course, I told him about all the usual (googling, paying
> for the distros support, etc etc. And I told him about this mailing list.
>
> I'm going to put up a poster in the shop for linux newbies, offering to help
> installations, troubleshooting etc. (maybe even hand out installation cds?)
> Can I count on you guys to help out if needs be? - as I said, i'm no expert.
> Maybe we could even try and get a regular meeting up and running (I know, one
> thing at a time...)

For some reason this got caught as spam and stuck in the mailman queue
for a month.  In general though this list should be a good place for
community support.

Running a meeting shouldn't be possible, it just takes someone to
organise a time and a place.

> (kubuntu at the mo.)

Yay!  If someone did organise a meeting I'd be happy to come along and
do my Kubuntu talk.

Jonathan