[Falkirk] Call for short talks - August

Greg Sutcliffe greg.sutcliffe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:48:34 UTC 2012

Hi all,

As some of you may recall, we had a TED-style conference for August
last year. Since it seemed to go down well, we thought we'd do it
again. This year (Tue 7th Aug), we want even more speakers!

In case you're not familiar with TED (www.ted.com) the concept is
simple - give a 5-10min talk on *any* subject you like. We're relaxing
the techy nature for this - last year we had talks on cooking and the
space race, for example. Anything that takes your fancy is fair game.

So, if you've got a project you'd like to talk about, a hobby you're
involved in, some random concept you just came up with, or you'd maybe
just like to test the presenting waters with something short, we'd
like to have you on-board. Contact me off-list (or on-list if you like
;P) with your proposals. We have a few speakers already, and I'll
publish a list of talks nearer the time.

See you all then,
Greg