[Falkirk] March talk

Callum Scott scott.callum at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 10:57:41 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Tomorrow is the first Tuesday of March.

This month we have a new speaker :)  Craig has been coming along to
meetings for a few months now and is going to give his first talk to this
group.

"Squid: Optimising Web Delivery"

Synopsis: "Squid is a (reverse) proxy server and web cache daemon. It has a
wide variety of uses, from speeding up a web server by caching repeated
requests; to caching web, DNS and other computer network lookups for a
group of people sharing network resources; to aiding security by filtering
traffic. Primarily used for HTTP and FTP. A short introduction on the
various operational modes, some personal observations on performance & tips
on increasing security by chrooting & running as an unprivileged user."

As always we meet upstairs in the Wheatsheaf in Baxters Wynd, Falkirk from
around 1930.

Some people usually meet for meat in Wetherspoons in the town center
beforehand from around 1800.  Feel free to come join.

See you all there.
--
Callum