[Falkirk] July meetup

Greg Sutcliffe greg.sutcliffe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 15:49:16 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Time once again for Falkirk LUG - this coming Tuesday, 1st July, from
1930 onwards in the Wheatsheaf. As ever, there are likely to be people
getting food in the Wetherspoons beforehand, feel free to join them.

This month we have the maintainer of ScotLUG in Glasgow coming to
visit. He says:

> Support for Web-sockets and similar technologies is being bundled into the web browsers
> that we see every day. Chrome, Firefox, Safari and even internet explorer all have native
> implementations. To this end it is becoming much easier to build rich, useful web applications
> and dynamic features using the technology.
>
> I'll be talking about implementation of both Web Socket clients and Servers using Javascript,
> NodeJS and Socket.io with some examples. I'll also be talking about how it helped to make
> the recent World Cup coverage real time making it much more interesting.

As a reminder for later in the year, August will again be our
TED-style off-topic mini-talk session, so have a think about whether
there's anything you'd like to present about your other hobbies and
interests.

See you there! :)