[Falkirk] Laptop battery charge level?

Craig R. Skinner skinner at britvault.co.uk
Thu May 22 10:36:51 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-22 Thu 10:41 AM |, Mike Quin wrote:
> On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 10:26:45AM +0100, Craig R. Skinner wrote:
>
> > For a laptop that is rarely unplugged, is it best to keep the battery
> > charged up, or left low?
>
> Apple's advice is to cycle the battery once a month in that situation -
>
> http://www.apple.com/uk/batteries/notebooks.html

Standard Maintenance:

For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it's important to
keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Apple does not recommend
leaving your portable plugged in all the time. An ideal use would be a
commuter who uses her notebook on the train, then plugs it in at the
office to charge. This keeps the battery juices flowing.

I found the manual for this machine. It simply says to keep it on charge
and discharge is not required: (page 10/11)

http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/UserGuide/en/User%27s%20guides%20and%20manuals/S10-3/Lenovo%20IdeaPad%20S10-3%20UserGuide%20V1.0%20English.pdf

It is used daily on the mains and I had been keeping it low. So I think
I'll keep it charged & run it down to below half at least fortnightly.

Ta,
Craig.