[Falkirk] October Meet

Greg Sutcliffe greg.sutcliffe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 18:10:12 UTC 2014

Hi all,

It's time once again for FalkirkLUG, this time on the 7th Oct (next
Tuesday). The new venue seemed to go down well last month, so once again
we'll be in the Star Inn, upstairs, from 7.30pm onwards. As usual, many
will be meeting for food first in the Carron Works.

This month we have Michael Maclean coming over from Glasgow to talk to us
about performance:

> Making Websites Fast - from Front to Back
>
> This presentation will provide an overview of some things you need to
> know in order to make websites that perform well - including how
> becoming familiar with some of HTTP's lesser-known features can help. A
> range of tools and techniques that can be useful will also be
> demonstrated, including software that can help on the server-side
> alongside languages such as PHP, Python and Ruby, and some things to
> watch out when using front-end technologies like JavaScript.

Hope to see you all there!

Greg