[Glastonbury] an idea develops?

Sean Miller glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Aug 3 06:41:01 2003

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

>Lovely thought - but probably unrealistic.  Glastonbury is a long way
>from anywhere in the civilised world that lives within the M25 / M4
>corridor.

I think this is a little unfair on Glastonbury... whilst our transport
links may not be the best (largely due to the lack of a railway station
in the town) none of the M4 corridor "civilised world" is more than two
hours away, many places (eg. Swindon, Bristol) are more like an hour.

What we do need, however, is some decent hotel accommodation in the
town... a decent hotel/conference centre could unlock all sorts of
possibilities.

Sean