[Glastonbury] 3rd Dec. -- tonight's meet.

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 00:29:10 GMT 2003

Very good turnout tonight -- twelve members attended.
The evening was spent discussing the nature and use(s) of the group's
website.  Lots of good ideas ensued.  Let's hope Sean and Tim come up
with some toys we can all play with over Christmas.

[Meanwhile, as a relevant aside -- I've just put up a copy of phpwiki on
the startext site -- feel free to go play with it, adding your own
personal pages, and playing with the calendar of events at:

     http://startext.demon.co.uk/phpwiki/

just to get the feel of what a wiki's like.  I might even get around
to making the Glastoversity [GlastoU] pages available on a MediaWiki
(Wikipedia) support sometime soon.  NOTE: this is a different site from
the Virtual University of Glastonbury pages, now celebrating some
two-and-a-half years' existence.]

The meeting ended with a fascinating prospect from Mike Keogh that
the group could be asked by Strode College to help them find their
feet with GNU/Linux systems; in terms of installing stand-alone networks
and training members of staff in the use and deployment of the OS.
There was even talk of possible employment for members by the College!
We therefore look forward to welcoming Diane Themistocleos to a talk
session with group members at the next meet on January 7th.

Now *THAT* should be an interesting meeting.  ;-)

Sweetly; and serenely;