[Glastonbury] [bristol] Machines available (fwd)

Martin Wheeler glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jul 4 13:32:01 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 09:13:25 +0100
From: James Cownie <jcownie@etnus.com>
To: bristol@mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: [bristol] Machines available

Clifton High School have just replaced all their computers (with new
machines running XP :-( ). As a result they're selling off the old
machines

  PII - 133 (or so) 128MB
  4GB (or larger) disk (pot luck)
  Ethernet card, sound card
  17" monitor, keyboard, mouse, cables
  No OS (but you wanted to install linux anyway), No CD (but you can
  get one from the computer fayre for GBP 15 or so if you want one)

*** Price: GBP 100 ***

I have one here running Suse 8.2 and it's fine for browsing, IM and
so on.

If anyone wants one please do _not_ contact me, but call

  Tony Wilson (Clifton High Bursary) 0117 9733853

You'll have to collect from Clifton High.

Enjoy

-- Jim
James Cownie	<jcownie@etnus.com>
Etnus, LLC.     +44 117 9071438