[Glastonbury] opinion wanted on "virtual linux servers"

Martin WHEELER glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jul 13 12:26:00 2003

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Kelvin McNulty wrote:

> The only thing that I dislke about Debian is that the install process involves
> having to suss the hardware manually! As soon as Debian does that for me,
> like SuSE does, I'll switch - or try it, at least once...

OK -- stick a Knoppix disk in your CD drive, and go!

If you want a copy on hard disk, just use the install script provided.

What could be easier?

(Thereafter you can update/upgrade in the normal way.  Using Knoppix is
fast becoming the 'standard' way to install Debian for those who don't
like to be asked questions at install time.)
mwheeler@startext.co.uk                http://www.startext.co.uk/mwheeler/