[Glastonbury] Mozilla profiles

Martin WHEELER glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 31 14:11:00 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Sean Miller wrote:

> This seems to be how Mozilla works on Linux...
> ... it is certainly different from
> the way that Mozilla behaves in Windows, but has never caused me a
> problem.

<breathing heavily> I see.  So the way that software behaves under
>>Windows<< is to be taken -- unquestioningly; unthinkingly;
uncritically -- as the 'standard' -- the universally accepted cosmic
norm by which all other software behaviour is to be judged and valued?
And other software is OK >>only<< if it doesn't cause problems when
not behaving as the Windows ['blessed be its name'] version does?

Tell me Sean -- what do you do about software that doesn't crash and
give you a blue screen of death every fifteen minutes?  Or stealthily
install undocumented binaries on your machine to harvest your personal
data for sale to commercial exploitation companies without your
permission or knowledge?
Send it back to the developers with a complaint about its
non-windows-standard behaviour?

Extremely Irate of Glastonbury
mwheeler@startext.co.uk                http://www.startext.co.uk/mwheeler/