[Glastonbury] First Meeting

Tim Hall tim at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Jun 4 23:56:00 2003

Hi All,

I just thought I'd write a note to say how much I enjoyed tonight's meeting.
It was great to meet other Linux Users face to face and share enthusiasm. I
got a lot out of it.

I DO hope Sean's Laptop recovers *giggle* although I will say that Debian is
a very good distribution, but it's not to everyone's taste admittedly. I
still maintain that it's worth persevering through the configuration foibles,
as they say - YMMV. I hope all gets sorted in time for the presentation. It's
actually rather heartening to know that other people also suffer the same
frustrations with set ups and most importantly that we're Not Alone. I
learned some useful things which I can now apply to my home setup - Thanks
Martin.

On the note of timing - a 7PM start would be easier to make, would this limit
us to a 2 hour session in that case?

Once again, many thanks to Steve for setting this group up and to St
Dunstan's school for letting us use their excellent facilities. It was great
to meet everyone and I look forward to next month's meeting.

BTW: As I practically live next door, do let me know if there's any way I can
help move things along - have arms, legs & enthusiasm to make up for lack of
experience.

cheers

tim hall