[Glastonbury] Fw: hello all

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Sat Nov 1 20:25:30 GMT 2003

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Nick Palmer wrote:

> hmmpph, well i may well have to toddle on down this week, illness
> permitting

OK -- hope to see you there.

BTW -- interestingly, your last message was *also* caught by the spam
filter, but I let it through as is.
I believe the reason it got caught was because it was a 'Forward' -- not
a 'Reply To' -- interesting that.  Should be borne in mind by others.

In future it's probably better to use the 'Reply' facility, rather than
the 'Forward' (which includes the whole text of the previous mails) --
and find some way of quoting only selected parts of the original.
[For instance, I use pine as my mail agent; Andy uses mutt.  Dunno which
mandrake gives you -- probably mutt.  You can also use the mail agent
included in the mozilla web browser, then you don't have problems
converting the mailbox format to be able to read it under mozilla under
windows.  Whichever you use, it looks very much like mailman traps
anything 'forwarded', as spam -- I didn't know that.  So beware, folks.]

> if anyone else uses chat programs, i use Yahoo messenger and can be
> contacted under
>
> Nick18_uk1

OK.

You can find me as either msw or mwheeler.  (I use both; but msw is
already taken under #debian-uk.)

Anyone else got any preferences other than Yahoo?

I've just blown everybuddy away (it doesn't cope with the latest Yahoo!
format), and installed gaim.

<breathes heavily>This chat lark had better be worth the effort.

Cheers,