[Glastonbury] broadband

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 21:33:55 GMT 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Kelvin McNulty wrote:

> This web site:
>
> http://www.ipcop.org
>
> is of interest to anyone who wants to set up a firewall for use on broadband.
>
> Or anyone who wants to run Linux on one of those proverbial out of date boxes.
>
> They do a version of Linux that will run on a 486 or even a 386 box.

Yes, Kelvin.

But have you actually tried doing it?

I was immensely impressed with their offering -- until the CD I made
from their iso image refused to play.  (I also made up a bound copy of
their printed documentation, to help me -- but to no avail.)

So, if anyone gets it working -- please let me know.  I put a lot of
effort into building a 3-card firewall, and the bloody thing wouldn't
work because of their dumb CD iso.

Extremely miffed, of Glastonbury