[Glastonbury] Shell RC file

Andrew M.A. Cater amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 12 23:35:38 BST 2003

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 08:09:49PM +0100, peter wrote:
> I have been trying to install a Open source CAD package (open Cascade)
> with little success. Does any one know about the shell RC file and where
> to find it ? I am running Mandrake 9.1.
>
> I had a quick look on my laptop before i had to re-install Windooz,
> don't worry it is dual boot with Mandrake.
>

> Attention: The installation procedure does not configure your UNIX
> system environment automatically.To set the necessary system
> environment, add the contents of OpenCASCADE5.0/env.csh or env.ksh file
> to your shell rc file.
> <
Do you run csh / (pd)ksh ??

If so, then you should have a .cshrc or .kshrc in your home directory.

As Sean has noted, if you use bash, it's .bashrc

Check and see what the file does: it probably sets up an extra path
variable to include extra stuff in your path.  It may set up
history size or some such.

Probably not vital - its a plain text file: you can cat it to find
out what it's trying to add.