[Glastonbury] Sound

nick irwin nirwin at pulbah.plus.com
Mon Aug 16 23:39:49 BST 2004

Hello one and all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a sound issue I'm having.
I am running Mandrake 10.0, using the ALSA sound system on the 2.6 kernel.
Sound is all fine and good except that when I start up a second x-windows
session, no sound.
The arts sound daemon is being used, someone told me it was a bad thing to
have running but I can't stop it being used without killing off sound
altogether.

both accounts can use sound when they are the only ones running, but it seems
that the first account that is logged into locks a file or resource and no
other account can use the sound.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers

--