[Glastonbury] nfs

peter.t.cole peter.t.cole at lineone.net
Tue Jun 8 20:34:43 BST 2004

I have been trying to set the laptop up at work to access a shared NFS
files system.

I have added it to the fstab file

192.9.200.205:/data/Design /Design rw   0  0

What it does not seem to do is to mount on boot up do i need to add auto
to the options ?

Also i can mount it via a terminal as su by mount /Design.
once mounted i can still only view it as root i can not see what is in
/Design as another user.
Do i have to have the same user id set on both the server and also the
laptop. I do not really want to use nis as i am not sure what would
happen if booting off of the network.does any one have any thoughts ?

I have checked using webmin and the /Design is meant to mount at boot
time What was strange was that i could not look at /Design from webmin
disk and network file systems if it was not mounted

Also has anyone been having difficulty updating debian recently i have
tried the work laptop by bring it home so as not to have to worry about
the isa proxy server but it juts times out on one of the sites. is there
away to comment out timed out sites so that the update will still run
through?

I hope to see you all tomorrow night but i think i am going down with a
nasty cold soi will see how i feel.

Regards

Peter