[Glastonbury] Just a little idea

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Nov 3 12:07:46 GMT 2004

Last Wednesday 03 November 2004 08:05, Cherry Mulliss was like:
> I have got a spare inkjet printer, a Lexmark Z53, hasnt been used for a
> few months, and will need ink cartridges - any use, or do you want to
> hold out for a better offer :) Worked fine when last used. I can bring
> it this evening if you wish. Just let me know.

That would be fabulous.

Basically the Assembly Rooms can make use of whatever it is offered right now.
Its previous system was on loan, which ended in the recent round of volunteer
reorganisation, leaving the Rooms with effectively no computer system.

I've been watching them struggle with setting up a single Windows box with
interest. OK it's easy to actually install or upgrade, however various people
have now spent hours trying to get rid of virii, trojans, spyware, pop-ups
etc. Every so often I mention that I haven't had to deal with this stuff for
over two years. It has now got to the point where most of the staff would be
prepared to learn to use GNU/Linux if I set it up and show them how to use
it. I suspect once I show them firefox and GIMP, they won't look back. ;)

Thankyou for your support.
Much appreciated

tim hall