[Glastonbury] "the opencd" for apple OSX

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 02:17:08 GMT 2004

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Cherry Mulliss wrote:

> As you know I use Mac OS X, and could do with downloading and testing Gimp.
> Blender et al.

Hmmm.

Ever thought of dual-boot machines?
(Debian has been ported to 11 different architectures you know -- that's
another reason I use it, btw -- don't have to engage another mental gear
when I go over to the IBM 390s I keep in the coal cellar. :)

PowerPC or Motorola 68k -- who cares?

> I think the idea of an open CD for Mac OS X is excellent. Particularly as
> there is a lot less free software about for Macs than for PCs.

Debian comes with over 15 000 applications packages these days.
Just how much do you want?  :)

>  Hopefully we can get away with ignoring Mac OS 9 and earlier

Nah.  Just convert 'em to pure Debian boxes.

Anyway, shout if you're interested -- help is always at hand via the
group.

(Andy is the expert at installing Linux under all sorts of different
architectures.  He can often be seen hovering round dustbins, just waiting
to pick up a machine he hasn't installed on before.  Now //that's//
dedication for you!     Errm -- I think. :)

Cheers,