[Glastonbury] wireless PCMCIA card

Andrew M.A. Cater amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 13:25:36 GMT 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 12:56:17PM +0000, Alistair Parsons wrote:
> Has anyone used a wireless PCMCIA card with any success and could
> recommend it?

Not with success - yet. I've a Cisco card (which should be supported
as aironet) Look also for prism54 cards and/or orinoco chipset
Laptop only has 12M of memory so it's going to be a while until I can
sort it out.

Google _very_ carefully for names/types of any cards you intend buying.
It's not PCMCIA but my Netgear PCI card is a WG311v2 - v1 was readily
supported - v2 is not supported with a "free enough" driver. Most
people use ndiswrapper in this sort of situation.

OpenBSD is lobbying manufacturers to open their specs or provide free
drivers.

HTH,

Andy