[Glastonbury] ive become debbied

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 22:24:43 BST 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Kelvin McNulty wrote:

> Does Debian install itself like SuSE does? or do you still have to make a list
> of all the hardware first?

Depends.

If you've got the all-singing, all-dancing new installer -- yes.
In about 6 key-clicks.  (Says Andy.  Of course, he could be lying.
But as he is trained in law, it's difficult for him to distinguish
between outright mendicity and creative use of language.  Sigh.)

Otherwise no.   :-)

[And btw -- it's *always* advisable to have a list of your hardware to
hand, *whatever* distribution you're installing.]

Andy -- how do we get Kelvin a copy of the new installer version?
One that comes with cast-iron guarantees not to blow up his screen or rape
his hamster?