[Glastonbury] Wireless Access Point

Tony Sumner tony at whittycat.me.uk
Sat Dec 31 09:54:43 GMT 2005

On Dec 23, 2005, Andrew M.A. Cater was like:

> I'm not sure that "just plugging it [a wireless router] in" to a
> network hub/switch where the main network is DHCP would work.

I should have realised -- to plug it into the Centre's ADSL socket
would need the Centre's username and password and they would surely
not let us have those. A charity shop in Welington is offering a hub,
which is a box with a coax socket and a row of RJ45s. Do you think
this would be useful? (I never did manage to find out what is the
difference between a hub and a switch.)

Tony Sumner