[Glastonbury] A query please re Epson C82 printer and Gimp

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Jan 12 15:57:12 GMT 2005

Last Tuesday 11 January 2005 16:49, Martin Wheeler was like:
> Typical.  You should have told them that in that case you weren't going to
> buy their products until such time as they get their collective ass in
> gear.
> Remember, YOU are the buyer.  THEY are just the market-stall owners trying
> to flog their shoddy goods and services.

Um, this is EPSON we're talking about here. To their credit it has to be said
that they do release enough specs so that the Linux community can get on with
it. EPSON do better than a lot of printer manufacturers. The number of
hardware makers that fully release Open Source specs and provide Linux
drivers and customer support are few and far between. It's a shame, but we're
a niche market at the moment. That said, it is good to remember that we do
all have the power of consumer choice and it's always worth politely
badgering these types, eventually the weight of correspondence _will_ tiip
the balance. ;-)

cheers

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk