[Glastonbury] 2 more questions please - re KMail (Mandrake OS)

info at wccl.co.uk info at wccl.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 16:49:22 GMT 2005

I am sorry, I still don't have the full info about my system to quote but hope
it isn't necessary for these questions - which aren't urgent or important but
bug me...

1)	How can I make the signature insert where I want it? I don't always want it
at the end of the mail. In the case of a mail I instigate, I can place my
text to fit in with the signature's position, but when I am replying to or
forwarding someone else's mail, my signature appears after their mail, which
is infuriating and it has to be moved, seeing I need it to appear after my
signature and above the other person's mail.

(our business signature is several lines, not practical to type it every time)

2)	Over quite a while since an update of KMail, I now discover that if I hit
shift-ctrl on the right hand side of the keyboard, the text becomes
right-justified and I can't find any way to return it to left justified (undo
has no effect). This never happened in earlier days and is really annoying
because I am a fast touch typist so I use the right-hand shift a lot and it's
quite easy to catch the edge of ctrl accidentally. shift-ctrl will also
r-just the "to, cc, subject" etc boxes. Undo here removes the text completely
while leaving cursor r-j. If I *send* the right-j mail, it (including the to
and subject and so on boxes) appears left-j in outbox and if I reopen it from
there it is left-j.

Is this a bug? (Not a problem, I can live with it.) Or is there a wonderful
use for this that I haven't yet worked out (which would be a lot more
interesting than some pesky bug)?

Thanks for info. As before, if your answer is too technical for me, I have
someone to explain it to me so don't worry about that.

Ros