[Gllug] OT: Announcement

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Aug 31 09:54:45 UTC 2001

I know it would still require external bandwidth but could you not run
something like:

ssh -R 80:localIP:80 remoteIP

This (if I have the ports correct) should forward the local firewalled
traffic to port 80 to a remote box that is not using port 80 and will
now become a web server.  You can do this on many different ports so you
can throw out 443 and other ports [ yes a little redundant considering
it is already encrypted] or 6667

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk