[Gllug] How do they manage it? (IT recruitment agencies)

bredroll at irwin.dsh.org.uk bredroll at irwin.dsh.org.uk
Wed Aug 8 17:39:31 UTC 2001

in my case anti virus software means my pc goes even slower than it does when
playing halflife with seti running too,

i keep my important data on my linux machine, my windows pc is just for games
as generally thats all windows is good at.

i do not run antivirus software on it, if you secure a network well enough and
have rules about incoming and outgoing data and the services stations are
allowed to run then you dont really need it.

i group serious about security would not allow the use of outlook, msword, or
webservers on workstations. safer CHEAPER alternatives are widley available,

most things these days can read/write word docs (wee staroffice).

floppy disks used to be one thing people were not allowed into offices due to
virus risk, this inst the mail transport for virii now, imo the main transport
medium for these is windows/outlook/word.

if you desparately need windows then prevent people running outlook and office
stuff then you have killed 90% of your likly virus intrusions.

Ian

,

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk