[Gllug] Linux TV

James.Rocks at equant.com James.Rocks at equant.com
Mon Dec 17 13:17:20 UTC 2001

Hi,

Following on from John Davies "Black Case" thread and his link to
LInuxTV.org I thought I'd raise a question on some hardware I have.

I have an ABit Athlon m/board which uses the VIA chipset (this is
important). Some time ago I bought myself a Haupage WinTV card and, guess
what, it doesn't work with the VIA chipset ... suffice it to say I was way
too lazy to take it back and it has been sitting "rusting" in a pile of
components in the corner of my cellar. Obviously I tried to the Haupage
site (which I think was www.haupage.com but doesn't seem to be there right
now) but they confirmed their product doesn't work with the VIA chipset ...
under Win 9x & 2K etc.

With my newfound interest in Linux I want to know if anyone knows if that
particular combination is supported i.e Haupage Win TV PCI & ABit VIA
chipset?

Thanks

James

James C. Rocks,
Technical Development Consultant
Archway House,
Canary Wharf.
EQUANT
E-Mail:    james.rocks at equant.com (work)
Phone:   07771-767405 (mobile), 0207-5226856 (work)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk