[Gllug] Total Newbie

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Thu Dec 20 14:07:31 UTC 2001

Hello,

If you post some of the specific error messages we can probably help you
with the problems. Even if you don't know where to find the error messages;
but you can explain where it's failing then people can probably offer some
kind of suggestion. You're more likely to learn if you go through the
problems yourself; rather than having somebody there to hold your hand
through it. My first Linux system was installed with the 'help' of a friend.
I had no idea about this strange beast until I'd thoroughly broken the
system and re-installed a few times.

As an aside; re-installation shouldn't be necessary until you discover
you've changed an awful lot of things and you have no idea how to fix it.
With a bit of practice re-installation should never be necessary.

Richard