[Gllug] Could you help me settle a debate

Tigran Aivazian tigran at veritas.com
Mon Jul 30 11:17:31 UTC 2001

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, David Freeman wrote:

> I am having a debate with a friend regarding women in the Linux
> communitee. Now whilst you don't really(well I don't) hear of many
> female geeks in the hot seats for Linux there must be some out there.
> So are there any high standing female hackers in the linux communitee
> and also how many women are there on this list?

the dutch young woman who maintains bigphysmem patch.... what's her
name? Hmmm...can't remember... Ah, here she is, in /usr/src/linux/CREDITS:

N: Pauline Middelink
E: middelin at polyware.nl
D: General low-level bug fixes, /proc fixes, identd support
D: Author of IP masquerading
D: Zoran ZR36120 Video For Linux driver
S: Boterkorfhoek 34
S: 7546 JA  Enschede
S: Netherlands

Also, there is Linda Welsh from SGI. I don't know of any others.

Regards,
Tigran

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk