[Gllug] Editors

Tom Gilbert tom at linuxbrit.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 17:17:49 UTC 2001

* David Freeman (freemadi at yahoo.co.uk) wrote:
>  --- Tom Gilbert <tom at linuxbrit.co.uk> wrote: > * David Freeman
> (freemadi at yahoo.co.uk) wrote:
> >
> > Uh. To the authorities, when you are suspected of certain illegal
> > activities. Sheesh, are we talking child porn or a letter to your
> > bank
> > manager here?
>
> Neither, we are talking merely the presence of encrypted data on my
> HDD. If its there then there is the problem of having to give the pass
> phrase over. I would rather be able to deny the higher levels on a
> StegFS.
>
> Just for the record, I am not doing anything which is Illegal, I am
> just paranoid.

Fine. It's just that I can see the need to protect data from your mate
down the pub borrowing your laptop, but I cannot see the need to "deny
the higher levels on a StegFS" from the authorities unless you are doing
something illegal.

Tom.
--
   /V\    | Tom Gilbert, London, England | http://linuxbrit.co.uk |