[Gllug] Linux Conf GUI

Andrew Richardson ahrichardson at clara.net
Wed Jul 18 22:39:37 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 18 July 2001 23:20, you wrote:

> Also is this the latest version of Gnome or is there an update? Does
> Nautilus now come with Gnome or is it seperate - I just know I don't have
> it yet :o) And is it worth getting? (atarting to download the rpm for the
> hell of it anyway)

Nautilus and Evolution are part of Gnome 1.4 and appear in all their glory in
Mandrake 8.  RH7.1 still uses Gnome 1.2 and so installing Nautilus would
probably involve upgrading a good few Gnome libraries.  That said, I noticed
one of the magazine disks had a complete ximian 1.4 so for rh7.1 it might be
worth having a go with that.  I haven't tried it though as I mostly use
mandrake 8.

Andrew

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk