[Gllug] Databases - NOT Linux specific

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 11:45:38 UTC 2001

Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> Matt Bunter wrote:
>
>>All,
>>
>>Found out that I have to do some database training for the new job - going
>>to be Oracle stuff and DB2. I have never ever done anything on Databases
>>b4 - where do I start?

a good starting point is

http://www.sqlcourse.com/

after that you should have a better idea to judge other possibilities
for yourself

I found SQL for dummies suprisingly useful - and it sticks to standard
(ANSI) SQL.

I don't do anything fancy - well nothing that requires optimised
database design - and at this level I find all databases pretty much the
same (though access was furthest from normal).

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk