[Gllug] Editors

Tom Gilbert tom at linuxbrit.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 22:40:12 UTC 2001

* David Freeman (freemadi at yahoo.co.uk) wrote:
> no but it removes your right to remain silent. Thus steganography is a
> better choice than encryption. For once security through obscurity is
> good.

Okay. Lets stretch the analogy. You get busted on suspicion of dealing
heroin to school kids. You have the right to remain silent, so you don't
say a word, fine. The police can STILL search your pockets and find the
drugs and money. You are busted. Excellent :)

Crytography is the pocket that can't be searched, it's the drug dealer
who can stand there, silently grinning while the police try vainly to
open his magic pocket or search his magic flat. I for one believe you
need a special case to deal with such a situation.

Tom.
--
   /V\    | Tom Gilbert, London, England | http://linuxbrit.co.uk |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk