[Gllug] converting Konqueror bookmarks to Mozilla

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Mon Nov 12 11:24:22 UTC 2001

On 11/12/01, 10:48:14 AM, "John Hearns" <john.hearns at framestore.co.uk>
wrote regarding Re: [Gllug] converting Konqueror bookmarks to Mozilla:

> Looks like a task for LDAP ????

It would be if browsers supported retreiving bookmarks there.  Netscape
can use an LDAP server to store all your Netscape data but it's all or
nothing.

> On a similar note, it looks like in Evolution you can store and share
> business contacts on an LDAP server, but I haven't figured out how to
> do this.

You need the schema for the Evolution contacts data objects and also the
proper acls (it's easy to set up read-only information on LDAP but giving
the right access so that people can update it, let alone share it, is
considerably more complex.  You can build very sophisticated shared
storage systems but it's a load of work).

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk