[Gllug] Re: list manager advice

The Flying Hamster hamster at korenwolf.net
Tue Nov 6 22:08:41 UTC 2001

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 10:52:08AM +0000, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Mailman seems to have become very popular and I use it to run our new
> list which has only been around a month or two. More than a few
> people have found that it's a big blundering piece of software that
> is well thought out by the developers but it can be hacked by someone
> who doesn't like you.

Mailman is my list mangler of choice, using it both on the core work
list server (where gllug is hosted) and on the toy server.  Both of
which have some large, high traffic lists.

We chose it because of the simple user interface, both for the list
member and the list admin.  Anything which means less work for me is a
good thing :)

   Mark

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at suespammers.org>         http://hamster.wibble.org/
"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk