[Gllug] converting Konqueror bookmarks to Mozilla

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Mon Nov 12 10:06:38 UTC 2001

>How do I convert Konqueror's bookmarks.xml to Mozilla/Netscape's
>bookmarks.html.

Which reminds me... I've always thought it odd that each browser stores
bookmarks internally. They're such a generic thing that I'm amazed
there isn't a bookmarks library that all the free browsers (and even
the non-free ones) could use, which stores everything separately from
the browser. Thus your bookmarks stay with you when you switch browser.

It's really inconvenient when I'm logged in to work from home on a
text only terminal. I can use lynx to my heart's content, but my
Mozilla bookmarks aren't there. Sure, I can (and do) grep for the
appropriate entry in the file, and use it from there, but I wish
I didn't have to. One of these days, I may overcome my apathy, and
get off my backside and code the thing. Like all the other projects
I keep promising myself I'll do...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk