[Gllug] Alan_Cox Banks UK not secure

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Nov 9 14:51:10 UTC 2001

On 11/9/01, 2:28:01 PM, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote regarding
Re: [Gllug] Alan_Cox Banks UK not secure:

> In my time I have worked inside several banks. I have, without exception,
found
> their internal security to be cr*p.

AFAIK, most serious banking fraud is committed by insiders and it is
their inside knowlege of the financial systems and procedures, rather
than the computer systems per se, that makes the difference.  Defacing a
website is one thing, transferring money from one account to another
successfully (let alone untraceably) is quite something else.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk