[Gllug] NFS Export irregularity

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Tue Oct 23 09:58:03 UTC 2001

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 08:38:36AM +0100, tet at accucard.com wrote:

> >Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?
>
> The obvious suspect is your use of reiserfs, which has had problem
> interacting with NFS in the past. I believe those problems are now
> fixed, but you'll need to be using a recent kernel and a recent
> version of reiserfs to avoid them.

I'm running 2.4.12 and exporting a couple of directories to a Mac OS X
client with no problems what-so-ever. I've managed to shuffle
everything on to reiserfs, so I doubt that that's the problem
(esp. cos I tend to hammer my disks a little)

Not that I can speak for everyone else, though.... :)

Cheers,

Simon

--
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. If you set a man on fire,
he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk