[Gllug] Some network queries

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Oct 15 14:53:11 UTC 2001

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 03:56:22PM +0100, Steve Nicholson wrote:
> > There is a graphical ssh client available at
> > http://www.lysator.liu.se/~jonasw/freeware/niftyssh/
> >

> Last time I used this (last year) it was just a telnet client with ssh
> added in, no point and click GUI for shifting files which I think is
> what he is after for Mac users.  There is WinSCP and Ixplorer (think I
> got the name wrong, WinSCP is better anyway) that are bother for Windose
> but nothing round for Mac's.  I did a quick search on Google earlier to
> check on the original post.

For OS X, at least, you can always use RBrowser. Not tied in very well
with the OS, but it's more than usable. Now, what I really want for
Christmas are kio-ssh and kio-sftp modules for KDE ;) I'd start to
write one except I dunno how hard it would be and the only working
computer I have is my work machine[1][2]

Cheers,

Simon

[1] Bleeding scan taking their own sweet time with a return. Hmph!
[2] Add own list of excuses ;)

--
Real Programmers don't comment their code.  If it was hard to write,
it should be hard to understand.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk