[Gllug] Problem with Apache & Virtual Hosting

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 16:11:24 UTC 2001

Rowan Puttergill wrote:

> Hi
> I know this is probably one of the most over-asked questions on any mailing
> list like this, but I've read the manuals and asked the gurus I know and am
> still high and dry. Here goes. I'm running SuSE 7.1 and Apache with Virtual
> Hosting set up. When I start Apache, my virtual hosting seems to work fine
> for a couple of hours or so... then it starts wierding out by either

I shouldn't really put my nose in here, what with my earlier sawfish
silliness.

But anyway - is this a DNS problem?
Are you getting DNS cacheig problems or sumfink?
How is the machine set to do DNS lookups, and can you test these
when it is going weird?
Sorry to any gurus out there who are laughing their socks off and
point out that this has nowt to do with anything.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk